Answered By: Christine Fary Last Updated: Jun 20, 2023 Views: 481
As an Alumnus, you have off-campus access to the Business Source Alumni Edition research database. To log in to this database, you will need an ISU OpenAthens Alumni Account.
- To request your ISU OpenAthens Alumni Account, you will first need to submit the Request to Access Milner's Alumni Database form. Once your alumni status is verified and your account is created, you will receive an email email@example.com asking you to activate your ISU OpenAthens Alumni Account.
- Please check your spam folder if you do not see email from firstname.lastname@example.org in your inbox.
- To search the Business Source Alumni Edition database, go to the library’s Alumni Borrowing Privileges page and choose Visit Alumni Database. Log in with your ISU OpenAthens Alumni Account username and password.
The ISU OpenAthens Alumni Account only works to access the database Business Source Alumni Edition.
Alumni do not have access to Milner Library's suite of databases on the Databases A-Z list, or electronic resources in the Milner Catalog that require a login to access, via the Alumni Account.
If you want to access databases on the Databases A-Z list or electronic resources in the Milner Catalog that require a login to access, please visit Milner Library and ask for a guest login at our Reference Desk on the right as you enter. You can use this login at one of the three guest computers for up to two hours a day.
See the Guest Computer Use Procedures to learn more about the guest login process.
If you have questions about how to get an ISU OpenAthens Alumni Account, please ask Alumni Engagement at (309) 438-2586 or alumni@IllinoisState.edu.
If you have trouble signing in with your ISU OpenAthens Alumni Account, visit the How do I access Alumni databases through Milner Library? for more information.
Receive your answer by email!
Please give an e-mail address so we know where to send your answer. We will not share it.
Browse by Popular Topics
- Ange V. Milner
- Book Returns
- Checking Items Out
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Circulation Desk
- Citing Sources
- Community Members
- Course Reserves
- Exam proctoring
- Finding Items at Milner Library
- Guest Checkout Card