Answered By: Christine Fary Last Updated: Nov 17, 2023 Views: 165
Renewing Milner Library or I-Share items
ISU students, faculty and staff can renew Milner Library and I-Share books online by logging into their Milner Library/I-Share account with their ULID and password.
To renew Milner Library and I-Share books:
- Go to your Milner/I-Share account.
- It will show your Miliner items by default.
- If you need to renew Milner items, choose Loans.
- If you need to renew I-Share items, choose All Institutions and change it to Has Activity to get only I-Share libraries you have items checked out from, select your I-Share library on the left, and then choose Loans.
- On your Milner or I-Share library Loans page, choose Renew next to any items you want to renew.
- The Renew Items/Look at My Account (ULID Login) Help Video shows how to renew Milner and I-Share items if you are affiliated with ISU.
- Courtesy Card holders can now renew Milner Library items online by logging into their Milner Library account with their Courtesy Card number and password.
- The Renew Items/Look at My Account (Courtesy Card Login) Help Video shows how to renew Milner and I-Share items if you are a Courtesy Card holder.
- NOTE: When you renew Milner or I-Share items, the new due date is based on the date you renew the items rather than date the items are due. So, you will get the longest amount of time with your item if you wait to renew it until closer to the due date.
- You can now renew CDs and DVDs one time online.
- For all other items, you can ask about the possibility of checking them out again at the Circulation Desk on your left as you enter the library.
- If you used all your renewals and get a message saying that you are no longer able to renew an item, you need to contact the library that the item is from to ask them about the possibility of further renewing your item.
Renewing Interlibrary Loan items
Interlibrary loan items are not always renewable. To check if your interlibrary item is renewable, and if so renew it:
- Go to your interlibrary loan account.
- On the home page of your account, find the item you want to renew and look for a Renew button.
- Choose Renew to send a renewal request to the library loaning the item.
- You can also call Milner Library's interlibrary loan number, 309-438-3461, and ask about the possibility of renewing your interlibrary loan items.
- The How to Manage Your Interlibrary Loan Account & Renew Items video shows how to check if your interlibrary loan items are renewable and renew them.
Receive your answer by email!
Please give an e-mail address so we know where to send your answer. We will not share it.
Browse by Popular Topics
- Ange V. Milner
- Book Returns
- Checking Items Out
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Circulation Desk
- Citing Sources
- Community Members
- Course Reserves
- Exam proctoring
- Finding Items at Milner Library
- Guest Checkout Card