Answered By: Milner Reference Librarian Last Updated: Aug 07, 2018 Views: 13
Whenever you are searching for an object, such as play money, to be used for a class, it is most likely to be found by searching either for 3D objects or for kits. To search for 3D objects and kits in the Milner Library catalog:
- Go to the Milner Library home page and click the Milner Catalog tab.
- Click the ISU Advanced Search link in the lower right corner of the Milner Catalog box.
- On the Advanced Search screen, enter the name of the object you are looking for (i.e. play money, skeleton, etc.) into one of the search boxes at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Formats and Media section of the Advanced Search screen and click the box above 3D objects to look for objects that are not part of kits. If you want objects in a kit, click the box above Kit.
- Scroll back up to the search boxes and click Find to bring up your search results.
If you find a 3D object that you would like to check out, you can write down the call number and location on the 6th floor just like you would for a book and use that information to locate your 3D object. You can check 3D objects out at the check out desk on floor 2. If you find a kit that you would like to check out, you need to call the kit reservation number (309-438-3483) to request your kit and schedule a time to pick it up.