Answered By: Milner Reference Librarian Last Updated: Dec 05, 2018 Views: 17
Milner Library subscribes to a number of streaming video websites that are accessible Illinois State University faculty, staff and students. There are multiple ways to access streaming videos.
To find a particular streaming video for class:
- Search for your class in Course Reserves to see if your video is listed under your class's reserves.
- If the video is listed for your class, click the title of the video. On the video information page, click the link to online access for your streaming video.
- If the video does not appear in the Course Reserves search, it may be on Electronic Reserves on ReggieNet. Log into ReggieNet and check for the video in Electronic Course Reserves for your class by navigating to your course, clicking its Resources folder, clicking the Electronic Course Reserves folder, and clicking the title of the video to access it.
- If the video is not listed in either course reserves location, search for the title of the video in the Milner Catalog.
- Go to Milner Library Catalog advanced search.
- Enter video title in search box at top of the screen.
- In Formats and Media section, click box above Movie, then click to view search results.
- Click video title for more information. Look for Location & Availability tab, locate Online Access option, and click link next to it to view video
- To browse streaming videos, navigate to Lists of Databases page.
- Click the All Database Types dropdown, then click Video (streaming) to view streaming video databases.
- Click title of database to browse videos in that database.