Answered By: Milner Reference Librarian Last Updated: Aug 22, 2017 Views: 18
ISU Students, Faculty and Staff:
If you are affiliated with ISU, you can request microfilm from Milner Library online. To request microfilm online:
1. Search for the microfilm that you need using the Classic Catalog - microfilm requests will not work through the VuFind version of the catalog.
2. In the results list, click the title of the item on microfilm that you want to request. This should pull up a screen of information about your microfilm. On this screen look for the row of tan-colored buttons at the top of the screen and click the Request button.
3. You will now be prompted to login by entering your Borrower ID (UID or number in red on your RedBird Card) and last name.
4. On the request screen, click OK.
5. You should then see a page with a form with the title of your item at the top. Depending on your specific microfilm, you may need to select the specific item you need (year, volume, issue) from a dropdown menu. Alternatively, if you do not see your specific item in the dropdown menu and you need to request a specific item, you can type the volume, issue and year of your item into the "Specify an Item" section boxes.
6. Next, type your Borrower ID number in the box below the dropdown, then click the gray Submit Request button at the bottom of the form.
You should receive an email when your microfilm is ready for you to pick up at the Circulation Desk. Microfilm is for in-library use only.
If you have any trouble placing online requests for microfilm through the Classic Catalog, please contact a librarian.
I-Share Users, Alumni, and Community Members:
In order to request microfilm from the storage basement, you need to go to the Reference Desk on your right as you enter Milner Library and ask for assistance to request microfilm from storage. Microfilm is for in-library use only.